Firelands Montessori Academy is seeking Toddler and Elementary Co-Teachers
Date Posted: 3/7/2017
Location: Firelands Montessori Academy
Date Closing: 4/3/2017
The qualities and characteristics desired for the Toddler-Elementary Teachers positions are, in part, identified below and in alignment with the Ohio Standards.
The Teacher will:
· Help create a warm-loving environment for all children at FMA.
· Create a culture that supports continuous improvement throughout FMA.
· Work in partnership to create the most positive environment for the children.
· Work with rest of FMA staff/administrator to sustain a focus on FMA goals.
· Set a limited number of measurable, focused goals that reflect high expectations for improved student achievement and classroom instruction.
· Help to accurately implement FMA curriculum, instruction and assessment.
· Inspire community confidence.
· Communicate effectively on both public and private levels.
· Possess a sense of vision as an educational leader.
. Persuade others to share a vision-mission for the school district including building commitments and motivating others to work toward defined goals.
· Effectively apply leadership to an educational setting.
Firelands Montessori Academy will consider applications from individuals who:
· Previous teaching experience preferred and/or experience in various school roles.
· Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in managing and encouraging young children.
Montessori Training preferable but not required.
Contract & Timeline:
Firelands Montessori will offer salary and an initial contract commensurate with education and experience.
This timeline may be modified at the discretion of the Board.
Announce Vacancy March 7, 2017
Application Deadline April 3, 2017
Application Process: All interested applicants should submit the following:
*A letter emphasizing qualifications and reasons for interest
*An up-to-date resume
*Credentials and transcripts
*Three written references
Firelands Montessori Academy is looking for substitute teachers for the 2016-2017 school year. Please email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org